Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random Recording Artist in Need of a New Friend

"Previously published on Julie Johnson's Facebook site."

So, I saw that I had a new "Friend Request" on Myspace. It was from someone named Ben Decker. I thought "well, he must be a friend of a friend." So I check out his space.

Apparently, my new friend Ben is a model/actor/aspiring singer who lives in......take a wild guess......Hollywood!

Hmmm.......sounds suspiciously like Ben is trolling for new friends in order to further his "career." I put career in quotation marks because if his "singing" is any indication of how his career will transpire, well, quotation marks will be the least of his problems.

Now, I am no Whitney Houston. And with a crooked face, I'm even less sing-songish than before. But I also know I could be a judge on American Idol....AND BE GOOD AT IT.

With that said, I admit, maybe I expected too much out of poor ol' Ben Decker. I patiently waited for his song to load. It was supposedly a remake of Garth Brooks's "The River." Strangely enough, it sounded exactly like Garth's version! I was amazed.....not at his voice, I'll get to that in a minute, but I was amazed that it sounded like he went into someone's bedroom closet with a karakoke version of the song. His next song "Leaving it all behind" was a little better. I stress, A LITTLE.

Oh, Ben Decker. I think he needs to go ahead and let the singing ambition go. His myspace says he's POP/ROCK/POWERPOP. Hmmm. It also states "Ben Decker is an entrepreneur." Yeaahhhh, okay.

I think Ben Decker WANTS to be a really great singer. Don't we all? But I really think if you're going to ask people to be friends with your "official site of Ben Decker," you should probably have something really spectacular to offer them.

For example, I know of a singing group, all in one family who also have a musical myspace site. However, they try to NOT get people to become their friends because they are horrified at some of the "music" they put out on their last CD. They also hope to redeem themselves with another album, someday.

Poor Ben Decker. I feel kinda bad for him. On the other hand, my compassion only reaches so far when stupidity is involved...... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment