Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Things We Do For Love

"Previously published on Julie Johnson's Facebook site."

We've all probably been caught in the midst of a ridiculous idea or scheme, and had the fortitude to blame it on "love." In all actuality, love really WAS to blame, I'm sure. As in most cases, love spurs us on to acquire, purchase, sing, recite, even dance, to the crazy ideals of its nature.

I bought two tickets to the Jonas Brothers Concert.......after procuring a sale for my liver on the black medical market......in addition to buying a subscription to TEAM JONAS (the like-ohmygah-official-fan-club) in order to buy said tickets a week before they "officially" go on sale.
And I can say it's all because of love.........

I love my nieces more than just about anyone on the planet. They were my first-borns. And as my own Tauntie will tell you, there is something special about first-borns. I have sat through two Disney on Ice Productions (Princesses on Ice....was seriously cool, High School Musical on Ice.....well, I could have done without), I have fallen asleep through movies (Arthur and the Incredibles), and I have laughed until I cried as they discovered the joys of 3-D (The Jonas Brothers Movie in Digital 3-D....also pretty cool....and there's nothing like Joe Jonas, shirtless, in 3-D......hey....don't judge me, I'm just being honest). And my most recent venture, which includes me taking two seven year olds, myself and their mother to a rock concert, is sure to be one large, sweaty, singing, screaming fest....and that's just from me and Kim.

Kidding. We won't scream. Okay, maybe a little. But you're allowed to at concerts.

In a normal, rational world, most seven year olds would not be taken to a concert, on a week night. But this is Tauntie World.

Yes, I could have probably bought a Wicked Ticket for the amount of money I spent on two tickets to Jonas Brothers (and I've only wanted to see that broadway musical for 4 1/2 years, no big deal). However, in addition to watching what is sure to be a spectacular show, I also get to see the joy, insanity and adoration in my nieces eyes as they gaze at their childhood crushes belting out their tunes on a stage the size of a small country.

Did I spend too much money? Definitely.
Will I regret it? Absolutely not.

I did it for love.........

No comments:

Post a Comment