Monday, March 21, 2011

It's been how long since I've blogged??!!

I sincerely apologize to all 13 of you who follow my blog. I have been remiss to update you on my exciting existence! If you read my previous blog, you are probably dying to find out if I actually bagged a deer this year. Sadly, the answer is negative. My last hunting expedition took me to the far corners of Mannford, Oklahoma to sit in a blind with my brother....which quickly transformed into LaughFest 2010 and brought not a deer to our sight. Which actually might have been our own fault.....Paul's father-in-law could hear us laughing....all the way across the pond.
2010 ended on a happy note. I graduated from NSU with a degree in Early Childhood Education. I felt it was best to continue to my education for just one more semester in order to acquire an elementary certification which will allow me to teach anything from Pre-K to 8th grade, not that I would actually want to teach 8th grade. But at least I have that option.
Which brings me to the present, where I am living in a small nook above my brother and sister-in-law's kitchen. My days are spent corralling my small dog away from small children who may get their small hands caught in small, pointy teeth. When daschund-herding isn't the current activity, I spend time with some extra-curricular church activities like women's bible studies on David (do you have any idea how many wives that man had??), young adult services (I get to play the piano for them from time to time!), and I also get to spend a fair amount of time with my nieces and nephew. My 9-year-old twin nieces tell me on a weekly basis that I should live with them forever. I know their parents are probably rolling their eyes behind my back because it's NEVER easy to have someone live with you. But have no fear, Roy and Kim! I am not planning to live with you forever! In fact, my hope is that come August, you will find me in a classroom full of 2nd graders....which means I have a full time job....which means I can get my own place! It's something I look forward to. Although, who would miss trying to watch a movie when the 1-Million-Questions-About-The-Movie-You're-Watching-Gang comes in? Not this gal!
Also, you may have noticed my spiffy blog-design update! I was tired of looking at my blog and thinking it really lacked some design ingenuity. So I fixed it.
One of my goals for 2011 is to be a better blogger.
We'll see how that turns out.

1 comment:

  1. When I read your blogs, it makes me want to blog again. But for now, being that I feel I am too busy, I will just read yours! :)

    ReplyDelete