Thursday, March 24, 2011

Motown and Toddlers

Two things I never realized actually went together....Motown and toddlers. I'm an avid American Idol watcher this season. No one is more surprised by that than me. Believe me, when the judges were fleeing at the end of last season, much like rats off a sinking ship, I thought it was the end for AI. But apparently Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe definitely know what they're doing, as they've given us a better American Idol, in my opinion. And I'm still holding out for more Matthew Nuss (the camera men gave him some great airtime wednesday night). He should have been up there showing the world how amazing his vocal cords are....but alas, he's not. But I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be back next season. And I adore the addition of Steven Tyler. It was one of those things that I was unaware of.....that I'm a Steven Tyler fan. Go figure.
So tonight's episode registered somewhere like 423 on the Richter Scale of Drama. But it was good. I laughed, I yelled, I even danced. Yes folks, I did.
I rarely bust a move in public, and I consider the living room public.
But when Stevie Wonder surprised everyone and rolls out on stage playing my MOST FAVORITE Stevie Wonder song (it's one of the most played songs on my iTunes playlist), Signed Sealed Delivered....well, I had to join the toddlers.
They had already worked up quite a sweat, dancing to everything including the commercials. But oh ya, that song started and Emma and Zac's faces were akin to Christmas Morning Wonder as I grabbed their hands, danced, spun them and yes....I even performed Emma's favorite move...the-spank-your-own-hiney-move. If you've ever seen Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore and you can recall the scene in which she's up on stage wearing a boa, and she begins to hit a drum then her own rear....well...that was me tonight, minus the boa. What can I say? There are just certain songs that FORCE you to move. And those times are so rare with me....well, I fully enjoyed it.
And I fully enjoyed the song being over, sitting down and grabbing my inhaler as well.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH! I wish we could have AI watch parties together! One day we will live near each other again!

    ReplyDelete