Monday, April 25, 2011

Jesus, I'm Comin' Home!!

The only thing I can do is laugh at myself. I'm talking, full out LAUGH at myself....as in if someone had drove by my car at this exact moment, they would have been dumbfounded to find a woman in the car by herself, laughing hysterically at herself.
I found myself in a familiar neighborhood today. I had to drive my car over to the friend of my mom's who fixes my poor car...unfortunately it's become a bit of a routine. But the ol' girl is 12 years old....my car, not my mom. So she needs alot of work.
The mechanic lives in Dawson. It's my old stomping ground. It's where my family and I first lived when we moved to Tulsa. It's where I went to middle school, where our first church was located....I have a lot of memories from the old hood. And I do mean HOOD.
So I was driving down Tecumseh road, listening to Lady Antebellum on my iPhone, and remembering what business used to be in what grimey, old storefront, now run down and vacant. All of a sudden, I heard a trumpet. I looked down at my phone and realized there is no trumpet sound in "Love's Lookin' Good on You." The trumpet sounded again. It was at that moment that it hit me....it was the sounding of the trumpet and the rapture was taking place!!! It's amazing the number of thoughts that can zip through your mind in a matter of seconds. I have included these thoughts for you:

- It's the trumpet!
- I'm goin' home!
- Ohmygosh, I don't need to fix my car anymore!
- Grandpa!
- Grandma MacKinney
- My car is going to crash when I disappear, I'm glad the road is empty!
- It's really happening!
- I can actually hear the trumpet!
- Wait! I didn't get to get married.....again!
- No more bills!!!
- I wonder when I begin to levitate!

Now, I was excited. I thought I'd be scared. But I totally wasn't! The trumpet sounded a third time and I realized one small, important fact. It sounded a little like a train's whistle. Then I instantly remembered where I was. On Tecumseh Road, in north Tulsa, right next to train tracks.
Darn. This meant I still had to take my car to get fixed. AND pay for it.
At least I know I'm ready for the rapture!!

2 comments:

  1. hahha Yes that is funny.. Too bad it was only a whistle and we are still here. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing my tail off & crying because of it!
    -Jorjie

    ReplyDelete