Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Wild West Shoot-out

For those of you who know me well, you know that I have an overactive imagination which makes for great writing material. Last night was just such a time.
As I laid down to sleep, I pondered over the blog I had written and debated whether to open the proverbial door, or not. I had one thousand and one excuses, the top one being exhaustion. But before I could really make a decision, a short movie played out in my head...and I let it roll. Because it was funny. And meaningful.

(Scene: an old western town that has seen better days. The townsfolk knew there was a "storm" comin', so doors were closed, shades were drawn and a lonesome tumbleweed rolled by. The Cowboys of Cruel ride into town, hitch their horses to the post and make their way to the very center of town, to stand in all their grimey glory and await the sheriff. Unforgiveness leads the pack, as they stand in the middle of the dirt road with wooden buildings on either side of them)

Unforgiveness: Well, we're here and we ain't leavin'! We got us a hostage and we ain't turnin' loose!

Julie: Awesome, who's our hostage?

(Unforgiveness gives the slightest nod of his head and before she knows it, Julie is bound at the wrists with the black handkerchiefs that signify The Cowboys of Cruel. Her mouth is gagged and she's held in place by the posse....the posse that she thought were her companions, not her captors)

Sheriff: You'll be lettin' her go now, I suspect.

Unforgiveness: (laughing) What makes you think we'll let her go? She chose to ride with us. She ain't no better than any of us. She belongs with us!

Sheriff: She doesn't belong to you. She belongs to me, if we wanna split hairs. She was bought with a price. I've got plans for that little lady and you Cowboys are gettin' in my way.

(The Sheriff, looms over the Cowboys and has his hands ready at the draw. The Cowboys, nervous now, shift their eyes from their leader, to the sheriff. Unforgiveness eyes his enemy, sizing up the battle ahead. Neither one blinks.....the shoot-out music cues....)

To be continued...........

2 comments: