Sunday, April 3, 2011

Good-bye "The Bachelor"......Hello "The Homeless Man"

It's no secret that my 9-year old twin nieces have been trying to marry me off for the past two years. Well, let me re-phrase that....it's no secret to me. Maybe some of you were unaware that this was taking place. I think I've wrote a blog about the all-important "List" that my nieces handed me a few months ago, outlining eleven attributes that their new uncle must possess. Quick recap - he must juggle, do cartwheels, be a repairman as well as a Chicago Bears football player, and must be supportive. It was quite the list.
My nieces can spot what they deem "uncle material" at 200 paces. I need only to ask what someone's name is and the Spanish Inquisition begins...."Why do you want to know his naaaamammmme, Tauntie? Hmm? Do you LIIIIIKE him???" I've basically just stopped talking in front of them.
But today took the cake. My brother and his family were driving home from church, when they passed under an overpass and they spotted a homeless man under the bridge. My nieces have very tender hearts....and Alexis asked if they could give him some food. My brother kindly explained to her that they had no food to give him. No more was said about the incident for the duration of the car ride home.
As they were pulling up to the curb in front of their house, Kaylee says "I wish Tauntie could marry him."
Roy says "Who, Kaylee?"
Kaylee replies, "the homeless man! That way he would have a family and food!"

Her heart was in the right place, at least.

3 comments:

  1. And would he move in with you at their house or are you going to join him under the overpass? If it's their house a George Forman grill is waiting the wedding day, if it's the overpass it could be a grill with propane tank so that you can feed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea about not talking in front of them only works so far.

    ReplyDelete